Thank you very much to Allyson Allison for the latest addition to our Cooking Tips & Recipes collection. Allyson has shared her (not-so-secret) family recipe, a take on a true Scottish favourite.
“This is my mums recipe, so I better not try and take the credit for it.”Allyson Allison
- Large Casserole Dish (& Lid)
- 4 Square Sausage (small size pieces)
- Maris Piper Potatoes (thinly sliced) – more than you would use if you were to boil them
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 400g tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Salt + Pepper to season
- Oven Pre-Heated to 200°C
- Start layering…… Quarter (¼) of the sliced potatoes in casserole dish, then add half (½) of sliced onion, one sausage in small pieces……. repeat layering until all potatoes, sausage and onion used
- Pour over chopped tomatoes, season top of tomatoes with garlic salt, pepper and a good couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Put casserole lid on and place on middle shelf in oven…… 200°C
- After one hour, take out of oven and use large serving spoon to mix and chop ingredients.
- Return to oven. Takes approximately 1½ to 2 hours depending on how thinly potatoes cut….. but you’ll know when potatoes are cooked and soft in texture.
- Serve with large glass of milk, HP sauce…. 😀